The unemployment rate and labor force data described on this page (and linked above) comes from the Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS) program, which is a Federal-State cooperative effort in which monthly and annual estimates of total labor force, employment, and unemployment are prepared. These estimates are key indicators of local economic conditions.
The Labor Market Information (LMI) Division at Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) provides these estimates for the state of Iowa, its counties, metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) and various regions across the State.
If you have questions on the data above, visit the frequently asked questions or contact LMI using the information at the bottom of this page.
RELATED LAUS LINKS/RESOURCES:
- Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS) Map
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, LAUS
- Regional and State Unemployment, Annual Averages
- Seasonally Adjusted Metropolitan Area Estimates
- Labor Force Demographics
RELATED LAUS REPORTS:
- Iowa County Unemployment Rate Map
- Data Release Schedule
- Status of the Iowa Workforce and Economy
- Areas of Substantial Unemployment
- LAUS Redesign
- LAUS Highlights
- Area Definitions