State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES)
Unemployment Insurance (UI) SIDES is a web-based system that allows electronic transmission of information regarding UI claims between UI agencies and employers.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF SIDES:
- Streamlines communication to improve timeliness.
- Transmits confidential information securely.
- Reduces errors common with paper forms.
- Uses a standard industry format for all participating states.
- Sends notifications faster, allowing more time to gather information.
- Allows employers and TPAs to upload supporting documentation.
- Saves time, administrative costs, and mailing expenses.
- Reduces improper payments.
- Separation Information E-Response Guide for Users (PDF)
THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN SIDES:
- SIDES E-Response is designed for employers and TPAs with a lower volume of UI claims and does not require any special programming or software.
- SIDES Web Service is designed for employers and TPAs with a higher volume of UI claims or those who operate in multiple states. This option requires the employer or TPA to do programming.
For additional information on these options please visit http://info.uisides.org.