New Unemployment Insurance Benefits System – Summer 2024!
Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) is excited to announce that its new Unemployment Insurance Benefits System will go live in the Summer of 2024! The goals of this modernization effort are to:
✔ Improve customer service
✔ Improve security and privacy
✔ Eliminate manual, labor‐intensive processes
✔ Increase data accuracy
✔ Allow real time data sharing
✔ Improve maintenance and support
Changes Impacting Employers
With the launch of the new system, IWD will be moving to an all-electronic method of claim processing. All employers will be automatically enrolled in the national State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) and will have the ability to electronically receive and respond to the Notice of Claim, wage requests, and provide documentation for fact finding electronically rather than having to process claims though postal mail.
In addition, all employers will automatically be set up with an IowaWORKS account - our one-stop shop for employers needing workforce support.
Call to Action for Employers
✔ Ensure Primary contact screen in MYIUI reflects accurate contact name, phone number and email address.
✔ We encourage employers who are not already participating in SIDES to sign up now so they can begin taking advantage of receiving and responding to the Notice of Claim electronically. The additional features in SIDES will be available once we modernize next summer.
- To sign up for SIDES, please send an email to IWD-SIDESINFO@iwd.iowa.gov with the following information:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (9-digit Federal Account number)
- State Employer Identification Number (Iowa employer account number—a 6-digit number with a 3-digit location code)
- Contact email address (email address where IWD will send notification that Notice of Claim records have been posted to your account)
- Once your request to participate is processed, IWD will send your PIN by email. Note: You will not be able to log in until a claim is filed.
✔ Employers who have not already established an account in IowaWORKS are encouraged to do so and immediately take advantage of the tools offered for posting job openings and evaluating applicants.
Set up Employer Account in IowaWORKS
- To establish an employer account in IowaWORKS right now, select “Sign in/ Register” link on the upper right-hand side on the IowaWORKS homepage found here: https://www.iowaworks.gov/vosnet/loginintro.aspx
- You will then go to option three "Create a User Account” and select “Employers and Agents.”