IWD recently partnered with ID.me to implement a faster and more efficient verification process. IWD strongly encourages all claimants, especially those who have recently filed, to use ID.me when prompted on their next weekly claim. Claimants can file their next weekly claim starting on Sunday at 8:00 a.m. through 11:30 p.m., or Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- When to use ID.me (if you've already filed a claim): When you’re ready to file your next weekly claim (after certifying your reemployment activities in IowaWORKS), visit this link: http://uiclaims.iwd.iowa.gov/weeklyclaims/. Claimants will be prompted to use ID.me while completing the claims process.
- If you haven't yet filed a claim, visit the apply for unemployment benefits page. You will be prompted to use ID.me when filing your first claim.
- Claimants can create an ID.me account ahead of their filing to save time, but your identity verification will not be processed with IWD until you log into ID.me through the IWD claims portal and submit your claim.
- Claimants also need to click to consent to providing their account information at the end of the ID.me process.
- For more information, visit: Using ID.me for Identity Verification. For any claimant using ID.me that receives an error message during the process, please visit help.id.me to receive direct assistance.